No matter your age, the reason is the same, though there are subtle differences between young and our less young ladies. For young women, a lip tattoo is about wanting to create a bigger or fuller look, without going down lip filler route. For our less young ladies, recreating a voluminous look that has been lost naturally over time.
One of the biggest reasons young women elect to get permanent lip colour is they want their lips to look plumper & bigger without having lip fillers. Lipstick tattoo involves tattooing a defined lip line and then infilling the colour.
A second reason is to achieve increased lip line definition, as their lips do not have defined colour border. Creating a lip line with subtle colour fill will make your lips appear fuller without the addition of dermal fillers.
- If you are prone to cold sores you may like to prep by taking lysine tablets for at least two weeks before tattoo and you will need to take Fanvir tablets, both available from the pharmacy.
- Arnica tablets 24 hours before treatment is recommended
- Please purchase a tube of Bepanthen prior to treatment as this if your after care between 5-10 days.
- Lips will appear darker and brighter in colour which will then peel and lose up to 60% of the colour, for a nice soft and subtle look.
- Pigment will slowly come back around week 4.
- You may experience some bruising and swelling in the first 24 hours.
DOES IT HURT?
A topical aesthetic is applied before procedure, and during to decrease any pain or discomfort.